About Me

My photo
Durham, NC
After graduating from the University of Mobile in 1985 I started a career as an artist. My life consisted of Easel painting, Murals, Trompe l'oeil and faux finishes. I did this for 18 years until reaching a point of creatively burning out. I painted nothing of substance for almost 7 years. In January of 2010 things happened to open my eyes to the beauty around me and a deep desire to paint again. This blog will be dedicated to my new work. Paintings that are for me and my pleasure and the pleasure of others and not for a pay check. My hope is that this will help to keep the work fresh and of true vision.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

"Forgotten"

 This is a painting that I actually started 7 years ago. I thought I had finished it but it never felt right. Then a couple of months ago I was looking at it with Catherine and she just mentioned that it looked a little heavy. Voila'!!!! I knew what had to happen. I took out the entire background and and started it over and suddenly it all fell into proper perspective. Sooo I have decided to call it finished in 2010 so it is part of my present work. I hope you enjoy




"Forgotten"
Acrylic on Panel
24 x 36

5 comments:

  1. Your ability to capture reflections is really terrific and one of the compelling things in many of your works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first glance of the small one...I thought I was seeing koi; enlarged made it clearer. Really nice, Bro

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit Reflections really turn me on. I have found myself standing in front of a glass front building looking at the reflections of the buildings behind me while being so totally lost in the moment that I didn't realize they were reflections. Oh well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your process. It makes the work even more interesting. Beautiful paintings, Tony.

    ReplyDelete