About Me

My photo
Durham, NC
After graduating from the University of Mobile in 1985 I started a career as an artist. My life consisted of Easel painting, Murals, Trompe l'oeil and faux finishes. I did this for 18 years until reaching a point of creatively burning out. I painted nothing of substance for almost 7 years. In January of 2010 things happened to open my eyes to the beauty around me and a deep desire to paint again. This blog will be dedicated to my new work. Paintings that are for me and my pleasure and the pleasure of others and not for a pay check. My hope is that this will help to keep the work fresh and of true vision.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Quiet Moment


"Quiet Moment"
27 x 36
Acrylic on Canvas
Tony Alderman


After the regatta in November I spent some time walking around the docks behind the “Provision Company” in Southport.  There is a whole world that exists, just at the water, which we never notice.  This painting tries to capture just a bit of that world.  I hope it lets us see into it a bit.  There is a great calm in this place.  That is where the title of the painting comes from.  “Quiet Moment”

No comments:

Post a Comment