About Me

My photo
Durham, NC
After graduating from the University of Mobile in 1985 I started a career as an artist. My life consisted of Easel painting, Murals, Trompe l'oeil and faux finishes. I did this for 18 years until reaching a point of creatively burning out. I painted nothing of substance for almost 7 years. In January of 2010 things happened to open my eyes to the beauty around me and a deep desire to paint again. This blog will be dedicated to my new work. Paintings that are for me and my pleasure and the pleasure of others and not for a pay check. My hope is that this will help to keep the work fresh and of true vision.

Sunday, March 13, 2011


This painting is from a group of photos I took while on a trip to the outer banks. The boat is the same one in my painting "Captain Skylark". There was something wonderfull in the sbstract Yin-Yang form where the hull and keel meet. I hope you enjoy it.



"Blue Keel"
Acrylic on Board
18 x 24

1 comment:

  1. This is a great painting. At first, I only saw the abstract formal qualities. The colors and textures reminded me of the ocean. That it's actually the keel and hull of a boat is wonderful. Really great, Tony.

    ReplyDelete