About Me

My photo
Durham, NC
After graduating from the University of Mobile in 1985 I started a career as an artist. My life consisted of Easel painting, Murals, Trompe l'oeil and faux finishes. I did this for 18 years until reaching a point of creatively burning out. I painted nothing of substance for almost 7 years. In January of 2010 things happened to open my eyes to the beauty around me and a deep desire to paint again. This blog will be dedicated to my new work. Paintings that are for me and my pleasure and the pleasure of others and not for a pay check. My hope is that this will help to keep the work fresh and of true vision.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

If you drive out Old Oxford Hwy from Roxboro Rd you pass an old store lovingly called the "Cat" store. For years I have passed this store and thought to myself  "I should paint this" but never did.... Time passed and every time I went by, the same thoughts. In the fall I once again drove by and noticed that the old store seemed to be getting fragile and I realized I better do it now. This is the way I want to remember it, age and beauty together as one.


" The Cat Store"
Acrylic on Board
12 X 18


No comments:

Post a Comment